small yellow fly panorama-stereo

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

BugEZ

small yellow fly panorama-stereo

Post by BugEZ »

This is an interesting image. It is formed from panoramas of two stacks.

Processed with ZS Pmax, I used my 10X OLY, 200mm Pentax tube lens, Pentax K5.

I stacked the body and wing with similar settings (step size and depth) When I processed the body and wing stacks, I kept the same number of images in each stack and used the same stereo settings in Zerene to make sure the "rotation" produced in the stereo images was very similar. Thus there were more slices in the wing portion of the photo than was needed to sweep the focal plane through the wings. I then used Photoshop to create the panoramas and it did a good job. The final stereo combination of the left and right panoramas was done with StereoPhoto Maker.

It can also be viewed in full resolution on Flickr below...

stereo by Keith Short, on Flickr

Keith

Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Beautiful!

it appears luminous -is this due to lighting?

BugEZ

Post by BugEZ »

Carmen wrote:
It appears luminous, Is this due to lighting?
I use a black background to avoid influencing the wing's colors with a colored background. A green/yellow/purple background would show through the wings and influence the color. The light comes from the side.

A diagram of the lighting scheme is shown below. A search of the fourm for "bucket light" will produce some discussion on my LED lighting. The bucket light has proven to be quite versatile and I have not felt compelled to change it after several years...

I think the wrap around diffuse light with black background produce the "luminous" effect. I find it pleasing. I have made many wing photos with this same arrangement.

Thanks for your kind remarks.

Keith

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic