Olympus BHMJ focus blocks on eBay

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Olympus BHMJ focus blocks on eBay

Post by rjlittlefield »

I keep a query constantly posted at eBay for Olympus BHMJ focus blocks.

It just now notified me about item 322075891766, multiple units available, offered Buy It Now at $200 each.

The auction says "Seller does not offer returns", but seller also has a long history and good reputation. I'd recommend to write first for confirmation that the unit works smoothly over its whole range, to improve your odds of coverage by the eBay guarantee in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.

--Rik

D34N

Post by D34N »

I’ve just asked if they include the brass collar and screw for shaft tightening too.

Dean

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

A nice price on something that is often difficult to find.

Astute point to check that brass tightening collar is there. But if it's missing, and one doesn't object to a bit of fabrication, this is a pretty easy part to make or have made. My fabricator, Don Wilson, made me one for a trifling amount of money. Importantly, he did have a specimen of this part from another of my BHMJ blocks to copy from. It's just a brass strip, bent to a certain radius, with an attachment hole drilled and tapped. The attachment screw is something standard from the hardware store.

--Chris

Vish_007

Re: Olympus BHMJ focus blocks on eBay

Post by Vish_007 »

rjlittlefield wrote:I keep a query constantly posted at eBay for Olympus BHMJ focus blocks.

It just now notified me about item 322075891766, multiple units available, offered Buy It Now at $200 each.

The auction says "Seller does not offer returns", but seller also has a long history and good reputation. I'd recommend to write first for confirmation that the unit works smoothly over its whole range, to improve your odds of coverage by the eBay guarantee in the unlikely event that something goes wrong.

--Rik

Rick,

Thank you for the post, just purchased one ! will test it on arrival.
Vishnu

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic