Rock rose wildflower pistil and stamens at 4x

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I wonder what the pressure actually is, and whether a vertical pipe with a thin flexible tube attached to the stem, would be more manageable. Rather like a medical "drip".
Last time I had one in my arm I demanded to take it home afterwards. It's a state owned health system so I claimed that I'd already paid for it.
But they still wouldn't let me :(. Perhaps because it was morphine.

leander

Post by leander »

Hi Charles -
I'm using a Nikon CFI BE Plan Achromat Infinite Objective 4X (NI-MA-CFIBE-MRN70040) attached to the front of my AF-S VR Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF. I get vignetting when focusing at infinity but when I focus to the closest distance there is no vignetting and the magnification is exactly 4x.

Is this setup correct? Or should I put the 4x on my f4 Nikon 200mm macro? I actually just tried that and I also get 4x.
Bruce

leander

Post by leander »

Thank you Charles.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion a 4x infinite on a 105mm macro is not a good idea. I do get 4x but I set the lens focus point on the closest focus. That eliminates the vignetting but probably causes other problems that Rik has raised. I've now moved to putting the 4x on my 200mm macro and focus the lens on infinity. That setup seems to work better. Good catch.

My problem appears to be memory-related as I have not been doing this every day. I've forgotten things I learned a few years ago. I wrote things down so I wouldn't forget them and now I can't find my notes. So I just repeat my mistakes. This time I'm writing the correct answers down in multiple locations and I'm also including things not to do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic