J-B Weld epoxy filler

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

bendecamp wrote:I like the use of the latex fingertips vs. tissue paper on the actual LED lamps themselves. Major fire hazard avoided!
I've never noticed the Jansjö lamps getting hot enough to present a fire hazard. If they did, then surely the latex would die instantly too.

I have mixed feelings about the latex as a diffuser. For this shoot there was really no need for a diffuser on the lamps because I ended up using a wraparound paper tent. For more directional lighting a diffuser on the lamp is needed. In that case I like the latex because it's so much tidier than fastening paper on front, but on the other hand the latex ages just sitting around for a few weeks, enough to split down the side so it has to be replaced.

Much better, I think, is the new design by Charles Krebs, HERE. Adjustable brightness, snap-in diffuser, easily fastens to a magic arm, what's not to love? (Except that so far you can't just buy one and plug it in, of course...)

--Rik

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Should have looked before:

http://www.hmag.gla.ac.uk/John/teaching/mintable.htm

Could be?
Chris R

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic