Wasp sting

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Olympusman

Wasp sting

Post by Olympusman »

Not the stinger of a wasp, but the results. There was a solitary wasp in our home office. I grabbed it with a tweezers and let it go outside, at which point it promptly zapped me at the first joint of the index finger on my left hand. That was about four yesterday afternoon. This is what it looks like this morning.

Swolle, painful and itching.

No more Mister Nice Guy.
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

sting on index finger, or ring finger?

Post by rjlittlefield »

The red mark I see is on the ring finger, so I'm wondering...

--Rik

Olympusman

Wasp sting

Post by Olympusman »

The red mark on the ring finger is the scar from a burn I got recently when our gas barbecue flashed when I was lighting it.

Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ouch!

So then, is the overall swelling of the whole left hand the main visible effect of the sting, instead of something local?

--Rik

Olympusman

Wasp sting

Post by Olympusman »

It is definitely the sting itself. It is now day three and it is a little less painful, still itches and some wrinkles are coming back to the hand.
I've been stung by Myzinum wasps, which are very common around here, but this was a Podium which I haven't seen as abundantly this year compared to other years. Between the two, the Podium packs a wallop that I've never experienced before. A little venom goes a very long way.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic