www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Time Flies When You're Having Fun
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svalley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Time Flies When You're Having Fun Reply with quote

It has been months since I last logged on. A lot of great images and discussions have been posted since then and I don't know if I will ever catch up. My time has been sucked up producing images for a screening aid to the Scolytids (bark beetles) of eastern North America. Closeups of antennae clubs, elytra declivity spines, or pitting on the pronotum, etc., for hundreds of species, are photographically uninspiring. It is challenging to capture some of the subtle differences between related species, but after spending 10 hours a day capturing and enhancing images it hard to spend more time sitting front of a computer!

Anyway, I just want to say hi, and keep up the good work. I will try and stay a little more active.

Steve
beetleman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, we miss you and your photos. Gee, I thought you had a dream job Laughing Wink Thanks for stopping by and saying "Hi"

Take care,
Doug
Bruce Williams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you Steve, hope you find time to post again sometime soon.

Bruce Very Happy
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Steve. I've often thought that a way to cut the enjoyment of something you really love is to make it your job and have to deal with deadlines and cost-trimming and doing assignments even when you don't feel like it! I hope you find time to photograph something for fun and show it to us here.

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
svalley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys! I guess I should clarify what I said earlier. I really do love my job and I get a great sense of accomplishment from it. Images for the kind of projects I have been working on lately do not have the kind of artistic or scientific content that most people who visit here are looking for. Their scientific value only really become apparent when they are viewed in the context of an illustrated key that leads the user to a positive identification of their specimens. It is exciting to be using cutting edge stacking technology for practicle purposes even if I don't get to do it just for fun all the time.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: