Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dknife13

Hello from Brisbane, Australia

Post by dknife13 »

Hello my name is Jeremy Ryan. I've been interested in photography for many years since film days and have had a macro lens for ages.
I was taking the odd insect or flower shot, but mainly snapshots.

Photography is a hobby, my job is technically a web developer but since mid last year I've pretty much been only working on SQL reports for the various Microsoft CRM systems in our workplace.

Last Easter I decided to upgrade my gear to something nicer. So I'm currently running with two Canon camera's - my first is a 7D Mark II and it's pretty much got a 100-400L Mark II welded to it for birds and other wildlife.

My second is a 6D is pretty much my main macro camera now, I started with a Canon 100L and then some extension tubes, I've added an MP-E65 but I'm still learning how to use that beast of a lens.

I recently grabbed a Canon 180L Macro and am enjoying it, not quite as easy to use as the 100L but very nice.

I need to improve my skills to transition from natural light hand-held to a tripod shots with diffused lighting.

Edit - should have linked my Flickr page
https://www.flickr.com/photos/macroadventures/
Jeremy Ryan

abpho

Post by abpho »

Welcome aboard. The 180L is a beast. I stayed with the lighter 100mm macro. But that working distance was phenomenal.

I'll check out your flickr later.
I'm in Canada! Isn't that weird?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic