Zion

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

salden

Zion

Post by salden »

Sue Alden

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Very impressive and a great picture Sue. If it wasn't for the trees I would have thought it was a wide angle shot looking straight up a vertical cliff!

All the best,

Dave Whiteley

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know Bryce was nice but this shot...man you can almost feel the dirt under your fingernails! Fantastic contrasts in color, forms, and shapes. The white cirrus clouds, fortelling of an impending storm are contrasted nicely agains that deep cobalt blue sky, arrayed in such a way as to give power to the image. Even the shadows are great, must have been either early or late in the day when you took this...huh, Sue? Coz the shadows look a bit long. :-k

I been through Utah and I have always related to those that I talk to, when the subject presents itself, that "a photograph can never do justice to areas like this" but here on our forums there seems to be room for great debate over that statement. :wink:

Got any more? :D

salden

Post by salden »

This was taken early morning. I have plenty more :D . When I get home i will process them and post them on my web site. Utah is one beautiful state.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Oh boy! \:D/

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Great sky to back up the fabulous setting!

I've never been to Zion and Bryce, and obviously I need to change that.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

salden

Post by salden »

Mike B in OKlahoma wrote:Great sky to back up the fabulous setting!

I've never been to Zion and Bryce, and obviously I need to change that.
If you get the chance...take it. Zion is overcrowded. They now require you to take the shuttle to the main canyon, since traffic got so bad it was at a stand still.

I did not do that since the lines were very long and from what I understand, you get on the shuttle (packed in) and if you get off to get a photo, you have to wait until another packed shuttle comes along to get back on. I just drove the outside rim of the canyon, but it was beautiful in itself.
Sue Alden

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very beautiful Sue.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

Superb, emotive image - if there's nothing as good as this in the publicity literature etc ... there should be.

pp

Danny

Post by Danny »

Well you know where I hang out and I'll say, this is right up there with the best in landscape Sue :shock: , not only an incredible view but what an immense feeling this gives the eyes. just AWESOME work and shot !!!!. The lines in the sky add so much. Very much like HDR work Sue and way up there. My goodness.

All the best Sue and a pleasure to view this. :D

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic