Newbie botanist/astronomer/photographer

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

BarryRice

Newbie botanist/astronomer/photographer

Post by BarryRice »

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm an astronomer (college prof.), but also a botanist and a long term photographer. I've written a couple of books and countless articles on carnivorous plants--something of a specialty--but I'm fascinated by all plants. Right now I'm really jazzed by cacti, and am using them to learn more about focus-stacking.

I'm saving up my discretionary income to get a new microscope, one with the optical quality of a Zeiss Primo Star (that we have at my college campus), but that I can also attach my digital Pentax SLR to.

So, that's the skinny with me. I've already learned a lot by lurking at this forum, I expect to learn more now that I finally signed on.

Cheers

Barry

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Barry, welcome to the forum!

As you may know, all new user applications to this forum are checked by a human admin before approval, and I happened to be the admin on duty when your application came in. I much enjoy opening the door to new forum members, but felt particular pleasure in doing so for you, after looking at your Website and professional affiliations. You seem like a person who will be a great asset to our community. I read a substantial portion of your writing, and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Best regards,

--Chris

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Welcome Barry.
Wouldn't want you to miss this Utricularia bladder

BarryRice

Post by BarryRice »

Hey Chris S.,

Thanks so much! That's very kind! I'm a general geek in lots of fields, and I'm really excited to improve my microscopy skills and knowledge.

Chris R.,

Oh man, those images of Utricularia bladders are so sweet they make my teeth hurt just looking at them!

Barry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic