Please welcome Chris S. to the Administrators group

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

If you have not already noticed, then I would like to call to your attention that Chris S., long known as creator of the Bratcam, has recently joined the Administrators group.

Please give him the same warm welcome that I do!

--Rik

canonian

Post by canonian »

Hi Chris I welcome you in your rank of Site Admin. =D>
A new challange in a new year.

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Congratulations to Chris S.

Rogelio

Lothar-Gutjahr

Post by Lothar-Gutjahr »

Hi Chris S in that new outfit ! And a happy New Year !

Lothar

pierre

Post by pierre »

Congratulations Chris S 8)
Regards

Pierre

JL

Post by JL »

I join all photomacrography fellows congratulating Chris S. :D

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Gents, I'm tardy in replying. Thank you for your welcome! :D

Our PMN community has become much more important to me than I could have envisioned back when I applied for membership. As has been said before, we're moving far faster as a group than any of us could alone. It's a marvel, how we work together and support one another. As a newly-minted admin, I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve our community and its accomplishments.

The tasks of an admin turn out to be not too difficult, and most of them make me smile. Activating new members is my favorite bit. Granted, we sometimes have to turn away spammers. But each new, real PMN'er welcomed into our fold enriches not just him or her, but us all. Activating a genuine new member feels really good.

As for other admin tasks, imagine a lucky fellow privileged to sweep the floor of the Sistine Chapel during the renaissance. I get to look up and watch maestros make their frescoes on the ceiling, and happily clean up the odd chip or two that falls.

Cheers--and again--thanks,

--Chris

Inseewincesee

Post by Inseewincesee »

A late congratulations on becoming a MOD Chris.S.

I have to personally thank for him for his erudite and enthusiastic advice, when questioned about my first microscope purchase.

The learning curve is steep with all macro/micro technicalities for those that are totally new to the field.

Chris.S , from my correspondence with him, demystifies what seem complex, to easily understandable.

A trait every Moderator, at a basically scientifically based forum, should hopefully have .

VIVA!

GemBro

Post by GemBro »

Belated congratulations Chris ... well deserved ... :)
Canon 550D(T2i) ML (Nightly Builds) | Canon 5D MKII | Raynox 250 | Palinar 35mm f2.8 (reversed) | EL-Nikkor 50mm f2.8 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 | Bellows | Objectives: LOMO 3.7x 0.11 : 8x 0.20 : 40x 0.65
RiG II - 'Bamboo': Olympus CH Focus Block with Inverted Arca/Swiss | Canon 430 EX (x2) | Olympus T20 flash (x2) | Youngnuo YN-622C Wireless triggers (x3) | Ikea Jansjo 3W LED Lighting (x3)
Stepper Motor Focusing System (Helicon Remote)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic