Talia stem

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Olympusman

Talia stem

Post by Olympusman »

This is a prepared slide and I thought I could save a lot of work by shooting it with my trinocular stereo scope -- a frustrating experience. I had mounted my Olympus E-300 in an afocal configuration, but the weight of the camera kept pushing down both the focus and zoom. I am going to donate this scope to someone I know that has not intention of putting a camera on it (unless there are some masochists in the house in which case it is yours for the cost of shipping).
At any rate I shot a set of 15 Zerene Stacks and stitched them together in Microsoft ICE.

Two sets of Zerene stacks and Microsoft ICE.

Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

vasselle

Post by vasselle »

Hello
Very nice
Cordialement seb
Microscope Leitz Laborlux K
Boitier EOS 1200d

steveminchington

Post by steveminchington »

Nice image Olympusman... coincidentally, I have been looking on ebay the last couple of days for a cheap stereo-scope as a way into microscopy, as I don't have a scope yet. I was looking at an Olympus VMF that had a home made stand but it looked like it may have been dropped (small dent in casing), so I didn't go for it. So if you don't have any takers locally, I may be interested!

Olympusman

Stereo scope

Post by Olympusman »

Steve,
Sorry, I should have specified I will only send to USA. But, good luck in your search. Persoanally, this scope has been a major pain in the but from the get go for my type of photo microscopy, but may work out for someone not interested in using it with cameras.

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Olympusman
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread.

Steve
My first question when anyone asks for advice on buying a microscope of any sort is 'what do you mainly want to use it for'. The importance of 'I want to take decent photos through my microscope' as an answer affects the choice (and price) of a suitable instrument greatly. I have helped someone else in the UK very recently with this problem, and I'd be glad to offer what help and advice I can if you want to PM me.
David
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

steveminchington

Re: Stereo scope

Post by steveminchington »

Olympusman wrote:Steve,
Sorry, I should have specified I will only send to USA.
That's ok, it was just a thought - it doesn't sound like it's the one for me anyway.

David-Thanks for your offer of help - I'll PM you.

Steve

Olympusman

Trinocular

Post by Olympusman »

Cactus Dave,
I have tested so many permutations of cameras and adapter with this scope and I have absolutley given up on it. I have mounted cameras on the photo tube and used digiscoping adapters on the eyepieces and have been disappointed every time.
My main complaint is that if to attempt to do focus stacking, the nature of the scope is such that the image enlarges, making the stack impossible. This scope might be suitable for a numismastist or a philatelist (no these are not perverts) but is not practical for my techniques.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic