Squirrel photo shoot

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Idealuz

Squirrel photo shoot

Post by Idealuz »

Hi guys,

I moved to Boston a month ago, formerly lived in Paris, France. I am still pretty overwhelmed with the settling but I took an hour or two to do some photography. First and easiest thing to photograph Downtown Boston are the squirrels.
I just thought I'd share them with you :-)
What do you think?
My blog, Ilovehatephoto.com
Also on Flickr and Facebook

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Well, a couple nearly count as macro. Perhaps it would be better if we put it in "Favorite locations"? :)

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Well, a couple nearly count as macro.
And of course the title of the forum does say "Close-up" also. Even so, these images don't really fit here.

The criteria for what qualifies for inclusion in the "Macro and Close-up" Gallery have always been a bit murky.

As a matter of practice, it depends not on the shooting distance but rather on the field size. Smaller is better. Anything less than 6 inches across the maximum frame dimension in the focal plane usually passes without concern. Larger than 6 inches and we start twitching; the twitches get worse with increasing field size and also with increasing familiarity of subject. Whole squirrels with their tails outstretched are definitely out of place.
Perhaps it would be better if we put it in "Favorite locations"? :)
Yes, these images would fit much better in "Favorite locations". I'll move the thread.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic