www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Earwig and grass hopper study study
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Earwig and grass hopper study study
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Macro and Close-up Images
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

Wow! With that much cleanup in post, the phrase "photorealistic painting" comes to mind.

Can you tell us more about your techniques and how long this takes??

I am particularly curious about how you handle the hundreds of irregular dark areas that look like waterdrop stains.

--Rik
daemonoropsis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjlittlefield wrote:
Shocked Shocked

Wow! With that much cleanup in post, the phrase "photorealistic painting" comes to mind.

Can you tell us more about your techniques and how long this takes??

I am particularly curious about how you handle the hundreds of irregular dark areas that look like waterdrop stains.

--Rik

Hehe, I payed my bills during my university days shooting beauty photography for makeup artists who needed before/after photos. Naturally we cheated big time so I have retouched many many square feet of facial skin Smile Basically I go over the entire image at 800% doing pixel retouch. cloning, healing, localized curves. An image like this took maybe 4-5 episodes of doctor who Smile (I work fastest with something running in the backhround).

I will often miss something so I have a folder that cycles my images as wallpapers on my home and work computers, it's a nice way of finding stupid mistakes that I then go back and fix later.

If there is an interest I could maybe record the screen while retouching an image? I dont do commented videos but a 10x speed video might be interesting to some?
(I cant promise when I have the time to do it though)
GemBro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right the old blower and Photoshop ... good to see the difference ... cool, thanks ...

And yes I'm too into Photoshop retouching in a big way ... and like you love using it for cleaning up images ... beauty and other ... I use blending methods more than plugins ...

Gem
Canon 550D(T2i) ML (Nightly Builds) | Raynox 250 | Palinar 35mm f2.8 (reversed) | EL-Nikkor 50mm f2.8 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 | Bellows | Objectives: LOMO 3.7x 0.11 : 8x 0.20 : 40x 0.65
RiG II - 'Bamboo': Olympus CH Focus Block with Inverted Arca/Swiss | Canon 430 EX (x2) | Olympus T20 flash (x2) | Youngnuo YN-622C Wireless triggers (x3) | Ikea Jansjo 3W LED Lighting (x3)
Optional Arduino based Stepper Focusing system (being built)
canonian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a peek at your Flickr images.
Your work remind me of another great photoshop artist , Tomas Rak / Tomatito.
The same uberclean and PP-ed to the max images, spending many many hours on this stacks.

Hats off to your PS skills and congrats on getting the frontpage.
scitch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely love to see a screen capture video of your touch-up procedure. That could be extremely educational.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Macro and Close-up Images All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: