studying insects and corpses

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

studying insects and corpses

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

http://www.lcsun-news.com/news/ci_5834773

This is a pretty gruesome topic, but may be of interest to some here.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Though somewhat a distasteful job, somebody has to do it I suppose. However this is really an interesting article here Mike and makes a lot of sense if one gets past the grusome part of it. Though I cannot imagine myself powling around removing and examining insects from a dead person or animal for that matter. I believe Tom had a job similar somewhere along the line, though not exactly if I recall him posting and it is one that more than likely is a thankless one. I guess if you are the examiner or scientist you may at least get a bit of self satisfaction from a job well done in solving a very unfortunate situation. :-k

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Someone, I believe Patricia Cornwell, wrote some very popular novels about a person who gets involved in this stuff. I keep meaning to read 'em, but haven't.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic