Feeding Frenzy - Venus Flytrap Cinematic Blooming Time Lapse

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

fisheyeadventures

Feeding Frenzy - Venus Flytrap Cinematic Blooming Time Lapse

Post by fisheyeadventures »

Hey everyone,
I was fliming my sundew and venus flytraps the last 4 weeks to create a cinematic macro time lapse.
To get a clean black background I put a softbox on top of my plants and took images every 30 seconds at F16, iso100 with my 90mm macro lens. The B-Roll was filmed using a slider and the Laowa 24mm F14 Probe/Sniper Lens.
After a huge feeding frenzy last autumn I did not feed my plants for 6 month...somehow the did not care and started blooming:D
Although the light was was constant (just 1 light source in a dark room) the flower change its growing direction a lot of times (any ideas why?)
If you have any other question regarding my setup, just feel free to ask;)
https://youtu.be/v_FrCtVW_as

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

The original post just had a bad tag that broke the URL. I fixed it. It's a direct link to the blooming video.

Sym P. le's link goes to the whole channel for "Another Perspective". That has a lot of other interesting stuff linked also, but the blooming video link will likely disappear from that page at some point.

--Rik

fisheyeadventures

Post by fisheyeadventures »

Thank you for repairing the link

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic