Hello from Montenegro

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

FidelCastro

Hello from Montenegro

Post by FidelCastro »

Hello folks,

I just wanted to say hello to this amazing community.

My name is Daniel and I'm from Montenegro.

The username (which created some problems when registering :) ) is due to the fact that I'm originally from Cuba and does not reflect any political views or whatever. It's the username I use on all other forums so I didn't want to make any changes here either.

Anyways... I'm into photography for the last 10 years or so even tho I never had time to fully commit to it due to the nature of my work and other personal reasons.

Currently I'm shooting with Canon 6D (switched last year from 30D) with 5-6 lenses and some minor additional equipment.

My favorite photography field is nature and landscape and when mixed with my travelling I enjoy it very much. On the other hand I was always amazed by macro photography. I remember when I was saving for the Canon's 100mm macro lens and it's been active in my hands since then.

I also do commercial work because that's the one which provides me to invest in the equipment in order to do what I really like. I'm on sever stock agencies and if somebody needs additional information on how to sell their images that way, feel free to contact me and ask for it.

My website is Danieloncarevic photography but it's currently down due to some problems with the hosting provider and it will take me some time to get it back on it's feet. In the meantime you can check some of my work on Facebook clicking here:Danieloncarevic photograhpy on Facebook

I found this website when I was exploring the microscopic photography and most of the photos posted here in that section blew my mind. I don't think I will have enough to invest in a proper microscope and additional equipment but I'll surely enjoy seeing what you guys do.

As I said, currently I own the Canon's 100mm macro lens and that's all. I did experiment with 'reverse lens' technique putting the reverse 50mm f1.8 II on top of the 100mm macro lens and got some interesting results but I'm planning on getting soon the 'Raynox DCR-250' which will provide me more room for experimenting with macro photography.

At the end of this 'introduction', I'll just post few of the recent macro shots I made, mostly during my trip to Nairobi (Kenya) and some other minor trips I did.

This is definitely not Kenya :)

And lastly, just two of the experiments with 100mm f2.8 macro + 50mm f1.8 II (reverse)

Cheers!

Saul

Post by Saul »

Welcome Daniel, very nice macros !

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Daniel, welcome aboard! :D

For the benefit of others, I'll explain about the difficulty in registering.

Every day, photomacrography.net gets a couple of hundred attempted registrations from spammers. Most of them get rejected by an assortment of automatic rules, but there are still some that get through those and have to be detected by human administrators.

Daniel's registration got through the automatic rules with no problem, but then the human (that's me!) triggered on the appearance of an unlikely pseudonym combined with an IP address that the whois service mapped to a country name Zaire. (Yes, Zaire! I have no idea what's going on there. When I looked again later, I saw that it was still reporting Zaire as a country name and flag but had the lat/lon data right on target in Montenegro. :? )

Anyway, I rejected the initial registration and sent email to see if I could learn what was going on. Typically such emails get returned as undeliverable. But in this case, I got an immediate reply from Daniel, explaining the situation and convincing me of his honest intentions. So, all's well that ends well; we do not have another spammer and we do have Daniel -- an excellent outcome!

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic