www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Macro/micro plays big role in video at FITC conference
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Macro/micro plays big role in video at FITC conference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Macro/micro plays big role in video at FITC conference Reply with quote

Over the past few months we've seen several postings at photomacrography.net regarding videos that combine focus stacking with object or camera motion.

Some email recently called to my attention that two videos using these techniques were shown a few weeks ago at the FITC conference in Amsterdam. Replays of those videos can be watched at http://vimeo.com/87482777 and http://vimeo.com/87482774. As I understand it, the first one was shown at the beginning of the conference as the "main title sequence", and the second one was shown later as a "making of" video.

Much of the photo technology used in these films will be familiar to members of this forum.

In fact, a lot of them came from this forum by means of "how can I do this?" postings and private messages.

But I thought it was interesting to see how they were used in a way that would appeal to the FITC audience. Of course finding myself listed in the credits was pretty cool, too. Wink

--Rik
canonian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Macro/micro plays big role in video at FITC conference Reply with quote

rjlittlefield wrote:
Much of the photo technology used in these films will be familiar to members of this forum.

Amazing video which shows the beauty of seeing everyday things in close-up.
Made with simple tools: an old Asahi Pentax Bellows II, a fairly simple Nikon 4/0.10 objective ...and a trial version of Zerene Wink
I do like the custom build automated stage.
Craig Gerard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the presentations; good vision, visuals and outcome.....also rather inspirational.

Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: