DIC set up queation for Olympus BH2 + Wanted: BH2-UCD manual

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Hon-shimeji

DIC set up queation for Olympus BH2 + Wanted: BH2-UCD manual

Post by Hon-shimeji »

Hi,

I have posted some messages about Olympus BH2 DIC set up some days ago and got some good answers from Pau. But since I am a total novice regarding DIC I get stuck trying to figure out how to get it to work. I found the tutorial below, and it was quite straightforward until I got to the section which I have quoted under the link. Since the upper polarizing filter (the analysator) is built in together with the upper Wollaston prism in the DIC slider, how can I set the filters in dark position? I mean I cannot take the prism out of the beam path without taking the filter out as well...Of course I can put the filters at 90 degrees without getting a black image, but how do I know when they are in the right position then?

http://www.leica-microsystems.com/scien ... dic-setup/

"Before DIC illumination can be employed, the polarizing filters have to be set in a position where no light passes to the camera or eyepieces. This is the case if the polarizing filters are in 90 degrees position to each other. To set up the dark position, all elements in the beam path that might change the polarization of the light have to be rempved. Therefore the Wollaston prisms and the specimen have to be taken out of the beam path"

I also wonder if someone have a manual for the BH2 Universal Condenser?

Thanks,
Henrik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic