www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Need advice setup for both flash and microscope base light
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need advice setup for both flash and microscope base light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uimike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Need advice setup for both flash and microscope base light Reply with quote

Hi all,

I found a thread where Arturo was using a piece of glass at 45 degrees over the light port at the base of his microscope, so he could both use the microscope's light as a pilot and direct the burst of the flash 45 degrees upwards.

I have been learning how to use my Sunpak 322 (lovely) which can lay flat over the base and tilt the flash head up.

This works great for static subjects, but its tricky for those moments when the stuff being observed refuses to stand still :-) and where I could find the "decisive moment" (forgive me Henri) through the eyepiece.

I've been googling glass / mirror (e.g., edmundoptics) that does what Augusto said, but got quite confused as to what I really need...

Can someone very kind help me?

tx!

mike
uimike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I just found Pau's message from Sat Sep 07, 2013 with a bunch of links. Will go through it...

mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: