Botanicals with DIC

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick an image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Hindpool

Botanicals with DIC

Post by Hindpool »

My Nikon Eclipse E600 has now been equipped for DIC, thanks in large measure to the indefatigable efforts and uncanny gear-seeking talents of forum stalwart Rogelio Moreno.

Here are three examples from my initial trials, Biosil mounts of leaf scales from Elaeagnus glabra, prepared by the late John Wells.

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

last one is great! and congratulations for completing E600 DIC (: really hard thing to do...

do you use lambda plate to get those colours? Or you get them by decentering dic prisms or condenser modules?
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Really super pictures. I love the colours. All that effort to secure the DIC parts is handsomely repaid by results like this. Frankly I'm just very envious :D .
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Beautiful images! Congratulations on the DIC set-up. It's going to be lots of fun.

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Wow!

Really wonderful and colourful images. I too am jealous!
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

carlos.uruguay

Post by carlos.uruguay »

A marvel!

Jacek

Post by Jacek »

beautiful

Hindpool

Post by Hindpool »

Many thanks to all for the kind remarks about the Elaeagnus leaf scales. I am overwhelmed seeing that many of the people I most admire for their work have been so complimentary. In truth all I did was place the slide on the stage and press the button - that's not false modesty, just a statement of fact. I wish John Wells was still with us today; he was a delightful man to be with and is sadly missed. His Biosil mounts were sold in thousands for he was a prodigious slide maker and he would be happy to know his work has received such eminent approval!

Litonotus - no, no lambda plate this time, just a little playing around with the polarizer to find the most pleasing effect. I have however taken note of Charles's advice and have placed an order with Knight Optical.

And to Charles with his very encouraging remark on the fun aspect of getting seriously into DIC - yes, indeed I am sure it will be, all I ask is for time to enjoy it!

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Amazing images with beautiful colours!

Hope you enjoy at lot your E600 with DIC!

Rogelio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic