CA introduced by compensating eyepiece?

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

martincito

CA introduced by compensating eyepiece?

Post by martincito »

Would a Leitz Periplan eyepiece add Chromatic Aberration to the image formed by a Nikon CFN objective? I've read a lot about CA introduced by pre-CF objectives if used without the corresponding eyepieces, but is it also a problem the other way round?

Regards,
Martin

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Yes, it will do, and just the opposite lateral CA.
Pau

martincito

Post by martincito »

Thanks for your prompt reply, Pau.
Drat! :(

martincito

Post by martincito »

I'd appreciate any recommendations for eyepieces that are compatible with these Nikon CF N objectives.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Just curious... why not look for Nikon CF eyepieces (like the CFW10X)? These were made to be used with these objectives, are of excellent quality, and they are quite common.

martincito

Post by martincito »

Thanks for the comment Charles. The CFW eyepieces are an obvious choice, now that I know that they were made for the CF lenses, which I didn't before... :)

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

The Nikon CFWN X10 eyepieces are truly excellent partnered with CF objectives. Also they do not seem prone to delamination and are often available at significantly cheaper prices than Zeiss and Leitz eyepieces of similar quality. If you would like the details of the supplier in the UK that I got my used pair from please drop me a PM.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic