Shakey Dust Removal!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

DaveW

Shakey Dust Removal!

Post by DaveW »

A friend of mine just e-mailed me this article showing in camera ultra-sonic dust removal systems are not very effective:-

http://pixinfo.com/en/articles/ccd-dust-removal/

DaveW

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

DaveW, thanks for the info. Sometimes it takes only the simplest of tests to blow a huge hole in marketing claims!

--Rik

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Thanks for thinking to put up this link Dave. I'd always assumed less than 100% effectiveness but would never have thought performance would have been this poor.

Bruce

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

A soft cosmetics brush purchased at the local drug store does an excellent job of removing dust. Especially if you blow it off first with a can of dust remover. This I am told that the dust remover creates a static charge on the cosmetics brush and the dust particles will cling to it and they simply will not be moved around but removed with the brush after cleaning the sensor. What ever the reason, it has worked quite well for me and I have had no problems with keeping a clean sensor since. So save your money on that ultra sonic cleaning stuff, it isn't all its cracked up to be anyway. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic