My new Mitutoyo 10X is very good!

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

typestar

Mitutoyo M Plan Apo 10x --- "newer" design

Post by typestar »

Very interesting, Rik,

I believe, most of the Mitutoyo 10x users in this fine forum use the
"older" version, with the lens NOT recessed but showing outside (black front ring around the lens) -- the older official Mitutoyo Model Parts No. for this is 378-803-2
(as Craig Gerard shows his lens) -- I can find the "older" lens listed already 2004 for $ 668.00

Now, the lens is listed at Mitutoyo with parts number 378-803-3
to be found on this Mitutoyo PDF:

http://www.mitutoyo.com/wp-content/uplo ... 010611.pdf

I got (in march 2010 already) my lens a optically new and the 378-803-3 number is already printed on the original plastic-container,
but tehe barrel looks the same as Craig Gerard shows it -- (with black front ring)

Is this also the parts number of your 10x model? (sticked on the original plastic container)
As written above, Edmunds site still pictures the "older" version, black front ring), unfortunately...

Thankyou for your information,
best wishes:

typestar

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Mitutoyo M Plan Apo 10x --- "newer" design

Post by rjlittlefield »

typestar wrote:Now, the lens is listed at Mitutoyo with parts number 378-803-3
Is this also the parts number of your 10x model? (sticked on the original plastic container)
Yes:
Code/Parts No. 378-803-3
Model M Plan Apo 10X

--Rik

typestar

Mitutoyo 10x parts number 378-803-3

Post by typestar »

Rik,
thankyou for the fast answer. So the parts-number has not been changed /increased - but obviously the barrel-construction did.

regards,
christian

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Since I recently purchased an Edmund Optics Hi-Resolution USAF target, Stock #58-198, I decided to see how that target is rendered by the good and bad Mitutoyos, as well as a Nikon CFI60 comparison lens. These are all shot with Mitutoyo MT-1 tube lens plus a 1.4X teleconverter so I don't have to struggle so much with possible sensor effects.

Image Image Image

As before, the results here are clear and obvious --- once they're all in hand. But if that left image weren't available, then given the other two, I'm again suspicious that I would reach the same conclusion that I did initially: nice for CA, not as sharp as the Nikon CFI60, but not obviously defective either. Hhmm... :(

--Rik

Edit: to fix broken link for target.
Last edited by rjlittlefield on Fri May 05, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pierre

Post by pierre »

Interesting results.
Thanks for the share Rik.
Regards

Pierre

FrancisCC

Mitutoyo clones

Post by FrancisCC »

There is a good chance there are clones of the Mitutoyo objectives like these. As there are Nikon=like clones available too on Ebay.
Being resourceful is the key

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

FrancisCC, welcome aboard!

Do you have specific information about forgeries, that is, objectives that say "Mitutoyo" or "Nikon" but actually are not?

Or are you talking about objectives that more or less imitate the appearance and specs, but do not misrepresent the brand name?

--Rik

Yousef Alhabshi

Post by Yousef Alhabshi »

rjlittlefield wrote:FrancisCC, welcome aboard!

Do you have specific information about forgeries, that is, objectives that say "Mitutoyo" or "Nikon" but actually are not?

Or are you talking about objectives that more or less imitate the appearance and specs, but do not misrepresent the brand name?

--Rik
I recall seeing a few Mitutoyo's clones on E-bay. They looks excatly the same as the original but un-labeled (maybe they are some differences I'm not aware of). The seller claims they that they are excatly the same as Mitus.. which means they were not the real ones.

I was wondering at that time, how difficult it is for one of these sellers to get those clones laser typed in order to looks like the originals?

PS I just did a quick search & couldn't find them anymore.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic