My new Zeiss Axio Imager 2

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Stefano B

My new Zeiss Axio Imager 2

Post by Stefano B »

Dear all,

I have just returned with good news: I am the owner of a new Zeiss Axio Imager 2 for transmitted and reflected light. It is really the top of gamma among modern Zeiss research microscopes. This made in Germany jewel has no rival.
My model is configurated for Differential Interference Contrast (DIC), Phase contrast, Polarized light (I have its lambda and Lambda/4 compensators ), Dark field, Bright field and Fluorescence.
I have bought top of gamma accessories too, for example:
a) the Zeiss "E-PL 10x/25 Bright Focus" oculars that permits to take advantage of the 25 mm field of view with perfect images to the edges;
b) a specific and complete Achromatic-Aplanatic condenser with 8 (!) positions (and with an Achromatic-Aplanatic fron lens too): DIC I, DIC II, DIC III, PH1, PH2, PH3, BF, DF;
c) a 6 position objective nosepiece with a DIC input for the slider in every position;
d) a 6 position reflector turret;
e) several full filter wheels for transmitted and reflected light;
f) several Zeiss M27 Plan Apochromat and Enhanced Contrast Plan Neofluar objectives
The Axio Imager 2 beam path is totally Apochromatic (IC2S = Infinity Contrast & Color Corrected System) and is enclosed in a stable cell that has been isolated from the rest of the stand and is thus particularly insensitive to outside thermal influences and vibrations.
This microscope has the Light manager functions, in fact it is possible to electronically store the optimum illumination we like for the various contrast methods and magnifications, for both transmitted and reflected light. Another function permits to immediately set the 3200K illumination, useful for photography.
Moreover the Zeiss M27 objectives have a bigger thread than the standard RMS objectives (27 mm versus 20.3 mm): in this way they capture much light, giving brighter and spectacular images.
Than in the left focusin drive we find a duplicate of the following buttons: reducing light intensity / increasing light intensity / transmitted light shutter on-off / reflected light shutter on-off : and this is just one example of ergonomics.
There are many other innovations in this Zeiss microscope, but I should need an article to write them faithfully. Here are some pictures.

Best regards
Stefano

DQE

Post by DQE »

I'm very inexperienced with microscopy, but your system seems very beautiful to me, and very well laid-out.

It's interesting to me that a beautifully crafted and well-designed instrument like yours somehow takes on a life of its own, and it can be appreciated and admired even without technical expertise or experience in the instrument's field of application.

Please keep us up to date on your experiences with it and if possible post some photos of interesting specimens.
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

Olympusman

Zeiss AXIO

Post by Olympusman »

Drool.
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

Stefano B

Post by Stefano B »

:D :D :D

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Talk about microscope envy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That's a BIG BOY'S microscope!
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Stefano B

Post by Stefano B »

:D 8) :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic