Another polychaete worm from the Cantabrian Sea

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Rikisub

Another polychaete worm from the Cantabrian Sea

Post by Rikisub »

This time I'm displaying two images of Eunice torquata, another polychaete worm from the Cantabrian Sea (Asturias - North of Spain). First image is a detail of the jaws (at 7,2x) taken with a Canon 5D and Nikon BD plan 10x, 98 shots stacked with Zerene Staker. This one is specially dedicated to Planapo, because of her interest in this surprising and beautiful group of animals. Sorry I couldn't get better light on it, I have to improve this. The second one is a portrait of the animal, at 3x, taken with a nikkor 24 mm inverted. 29 shots stacked with Zerene as well.

Mandibulas para subir por Rickisub, en Flickr

Eunice para subir por Rickisub, en Flickr

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Hey,
Thanks for posting! :D
(Sorry for my belated response, I was busy with other stuff and not much around on pmg.net the last few weeks, so have just now seen your posting.

Very interesting polychaete and very well photographed! I think your lighting, especially for the first picture where we are looking into the worm's mouth, worked nicely.

We see way too few photos of marine creatures here in the macro section, so please feel free to post more of 'em. :)

--Betty
Atticus Finch: "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view
- until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
Lee, N. H. 1960. To Kill a Mockingbird. J. B. Lippincott, New York.

Rikisub

Post by Rikisub »

Hi Planapo! No need to apologize, I'd figured out you were busy. Thank you for your comments, this bug has 5 jaws but unfortunately I could only manage to make it show three. Have you noticed the maxilla? They are also shown. I keep trying to apply stacking to sea animals. The technique is difficult but the results are amazing, as they are profusely displayed in this wonderful web by people like you. Just wishing to get a bit close to your level some day . . . regards!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic