Amazon Pics Part 60

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Moebius

Amazon Pics Part 60

Post by Moebius »

Still more from the Amazon riverbanks.

I know, background is very busy. Perhaps I should have tried a smaller f-stop?

These next two are ho hum... but not sure if I have shown these two species.

Ken Nelson
Canon 30D
Sigma 150mm

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hmm...another one with its behind in the air :lol: Really a nice set of images here Ken, I like the second one the best, beautiful little butterfly. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

To me..It really doesn`t matter if you have shown the same species before. Each photo is different in my eyes and a pleasure to look at :wink: As for the first photo, nature doesn`t always give us a perfect background all the time.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ken,

I haven't commented much on your Amazon pics, but rest assured that I'm enjoying them very much -- every day, a new treat!

About the background in pic #1, possibly some technique like described at http://www.photomacrography1.net/forum/ ... php?t=4989 would help. (Try about a 3-pixel gaussian blur on just the OOF background.)

--Rik

Moebius

Post by Moebius »

Thanks for the comments everyone, even if this particular trio of photos is not anywhere near the 'cream of the crop' for this trip.

Rik, thanks for the suggestion. I have gotten other good suggestions from forum members using levels/masking/blending, etc. that I definitely want to learn and use. I will be going back to each picture I deem worthy and reprocess them again with all the new tricks I will have learned. I will then put them in my gallery and in a photobook. However, for now, think of these pictures as round one of the processing.

I like your technique and have saved the link to study when round one is complete.

Ken

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic