My Front Door

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dmillard

My Front Door

Post by dmillard »

My favorite location at the moment is the front door of our house, where we have a Carolina Wren in residence. Since it constructed its nest in the wreath, my wife and I have been relegated to using the back door for coming and going.

baro-nite

Post by baro-nite »

Very nice wreath to begin with, and this makes it perfect! I hope she keeps the cowbirds out. Should be some excellent photographic opportunities for you.
--
Jeff S

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

baro-nite wrote:Very nice wreath to begin with, and this makes it perfect! I hope she keeps the cowbirds out. Should be some excellent photographic opportunities for you.
Thanks Jeff. Fortunately, I haven't seen any cowbirds close to where I live. I'm looking forward to when they start feeding the young.

Regards,
David

klevin

Post by klevin »

Nice to see such an obvious sign of spring. We get wrens to our feeders in Wash, DC, but have never seen a nest.

dissent

Post by dissent »

<grin> I have relatives who have the same kind of problem. For several years they were getting something trying to build sloppy muddy nests in their front door wreaths. They just took to keepng the wreaths down until the bird nesting season was over.
- Ian
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't." - Mark Twain

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic