www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Fluorescent sponges
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up photography and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fluorescent sponges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Macro and Close-up Images
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starshade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Fluorescent sponges Reply with quote

Cross sections of a marine sponge + a sponge with a shrimp inside one of the osculums. I used Canon 7D + mp-e 65 at 2-4x + big blue excitation filters + nightsea barrier filter for the lens. Stacking was a nightmare, but I succeed... more or less. The original color difference is not that dramatic - I pushed the colors a bit (using the advantages of RAW format).

The roundish objects inside sponge tissue are developing embryos (they develop into larvae that swim off through the channels)

Last edited by Starshade on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Great to see something different Smile
desert bluegrass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so intriguing. I appreciate the explanation of how the embryos develop and leave the parent. That would have been my next search on Google. I always find so many educational and interesting information through examining other's photos and work. Congratulations on your work.

Charlton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Macro and Close-up Images All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: