www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - A look at stacking artifacts with computer generated images
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A look at stacking artifacts with computer generated images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLostVertex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: A look at stacking artifacts with computer generated images Reply with quote

Having noticed this recent thread, I decided that might be a good segue to a post I started writing on my very incomplete website. I figured now is as good of a time as any to post it, while I am working on other stuff.

My objective was simply to create a sequence of images with depth of field from a 3d scene, and one image without depth of field to compare against. I decided on just making simple objects to try and illustrate stacking artifacts that I tend to encounter in everyday use. I did not have a very clear direction of what best to use for each object, so I consider this a preliminary test Wink. There isnt really much of a conclusion to this, but I found it interesting to do none the less.

The page is rather image heavy. If you have trouble with the comparison script, there is a download link for various zip files of all the images at the bottom of the page.
http://www.thelostvertex.com/stacking-artifacts-explored-with-cg-images/
Elivood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a beginner I found this very interesting and informative. Thanks for the good work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: