useful: 49mm female <==> 49mm female adapter

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

johan

useful: 49mm female <==> 49mm female adapter

Post by johan »

A note for anyone looking for these as they're rarer than hen's teeth. I have just purchased some through macrorings.com and they're good quality, arrived quickly etc. Only 5US each - see here: 49mm female to female adapter
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Were the P & P reasonable?

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

seta666

Post by seta666 »

Very useful indeed; I was going bananas trying to find something similar and at the end I got a M42 female-female removing the M42 ring from the t2-m42 adapter ( ebay example 251063646028)

Regards

crisarg

Post by crisarg »

Thanks, I was looking for something like that for my yet to arrive Olympus 65-116 tube.
Cristian Arghius

Flickr

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Thanks, Johan.

I bought three.

My first application is getting out of a fix to get my Olympus T28 macro flash ring (or the T10 ring flash), both 49mm female, mounted on my 55mm threaded Elmarit.

I have step rings to get from 49mm up towards the 55mm but they are too wide to enter the recess around the Olympus 49mm thread. So, I used a 49mm female to 49mm female. I then used reversed step rings (the first was a 49 male to 52 male getting the male threads towards the lens from that point) to attain a 55mm female facing the lens.

Harold
Last edited by Harold Gough on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

seta666 wrote:Very useful indeed; I was going bananas trying to find something similar and at the end I got a M42 female-female removing the M42 ring from the t2-m42 adapter ( ebay example 251063646028)

Regards
Javier,

Are you familiar with this item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290861230439

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

For 49mm female-to-female, I use the inside of a through-threaded 52-to-49 step down ring, like HERE .

For 42x1.0 female-to-female, I repurpose a through-threaded M42-to-Canon adapter, like HERE.

Both of them look a little odd but fit well for my purposes.

--Rik

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Today I was getting thoroughly frustrated over my inability to fit my T10 or T28 ring to the back of my reversed Schneider 40mm. The missing link was a female to female M42 to M42.

In desperation, I removed the 46-42mm step ring from the front, where it gets me towards 49mm for mounting the flash rings. The lens had its adapter ring to M42 in place. I was trying to make a push fit when I found that the was threaded internally, with M42.

This is the item but, as Rik points out, there are other options:

Ebay item 280870278008 (just Google the number).

As is the way with life, I discovered this after hours of fiddling with rings and adapters but only minutes after ordering the genuine article (Craig's link) off Ebay at more than three times the price. #-o At least the new one will be in bright metal and easy to find among all the others.

Harold

rayB

Post by rayB »

Johan, I owe you a big thank you.

I've been looking unsuccessfully for various female/female adapters for a while now. Your lead is very much appreciated. As of last night, they are still USD5.00 each. My order is now on it's way

Regards.

rayB

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic