CHDK on Canon compacts?

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

CHDK on Canon compacts?

Post by ChrisR »

Rik's Funnel Web Spider exploits with Magic Lantern was timely, as I'd "discovered" Magic Lantern just yesterday. Perhaps it'll work with my 70-300 as a "tube" lens.
Of more current interest to me just now is the humbler brother CHDK, which is for Canon compacts, such as Powershots. I'm wondering if any one has used it?
The thought is to use one for a little front-supported very portable arrangement for flatish subjects where a relatively small number of frames is needed. Manually setting focus is quite clunky, up a tree, with the Powershot I happen to have. It would be neat if a script could do it.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

CHDK should do this very nicely. One of our members reports using CHDK routinely with a Canon Powershot and a reversed prime to shoot small bugs. See HERE. Other people have reported similar exercises. I haven't tried it personally but seems like it should work fine.

--Rik

seta666

Post by seta666 »

One nice thing of CHDK is that it allows cable remote via USB with remotes like Ricoh CA-1; I wish the could make something similar with Sony NEX cameras

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic