Bubble Butt

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Bubble Butt

Post by Ken Ramos »

Meiji EMZ-13TR

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Looks like mooning in the moss. :shock:
Nice finding Ken! :smt023
Never mentioned to find butts in the moss. :lol:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

The moss if full of interesting little creatures, an area seldom explored it seems, because I can find little about what lives there. Thanks Nikola :)

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Now that is a cute little fellow! Just how tiny is he Ken?

Bruce

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Bruce asked:
Just how tiny is he Ken?
Well I don't know exactly. :-k It is among the moss, so I guess you could use the leaves of the moss as scale. I could not see it with the naked eye, though I tried.

Thanks Bruce. :D

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Ken Ramos wrote:The moss if full of interesting little creatures, an area seldom explored it seems, because I can find little about what lives there. Thanks Nikola :)
http://www.amazon.com/Gathering-Moss-Na ... 81-1495064

http://www.amazon.com/Forests-Lilliput- ... F8&s=books

These might be interesting....Though the second one is a bit dated. I haven't seen or read either book, just did a bit of poking around on amazon.com and found 'em!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Mike, that second link looks like a publication that I would be more interested in. I will see if my local book store can order it for me. Thanks again. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Take enough pictures like the ones you take now and you can write a book Ken. This little guy is very cute. :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Doug, here is another shot sort of it head on. Look closely at the eyes or what looks like eyes and you can see that there are six orbs that look like ocelli, forming a ring. :D

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

This guy reminds me of some shots of springtails that I've seen, though he doesn't seem to have the requisite spring unless I'm missing something.

Enjoy the book if you get it. I've had good luck ordering used books from Amazon.com (there was one listed at the link I sent for $14 plus change, I think--You do have to pay a few bucks of postage buying the used books).
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I am not sure that this is a Springtail, though it does look quite a bit like one. I observed this thing for quite sometime and it never even attempted a jump or moved into a position that would allow a view of its underside to see if indeed it did have a furcula. So, I dunno. :-k :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic