www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Snakes on a Plane
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Snakes on a Plane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Snakes on a Plane Reply with quote

http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/sho-sunday-snakes13.html

I admit, I'm gonna have to go see it! The above article talks about it quite a bit, including a brief explanation of how the snakes got there (which I'd wondered about). Includes an interview with the snake handler for the film.

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about this "Snakes on a Plane" thing Mike. I read a little about it here and there. Some things good, somethings bad. I once heard a good while back they were going to do a movie about the "Enola Gay." Now thats a movie I would like to see. Heck, I think Harry Truman produced it. Laughing

The last couple of good movies I saw were "Master and Commander" and "Hiroshima." Gott'em both at Wal Mart for a few dollars. The movie Hiroshima is both a movie and a documentary, with interviews with the survivors and military personnel from both sides. Lots of actual footage and full of facts. I was confused by the movie though. I thought Fujimora was the primary target and Nagasaki was the secondary. The movie let me to believe otherwise. If I recall correctly Fujimora was socked in by the weather and Nagasaki just happened to be a break in the clouds, thats why they were hit. Think
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.childrenofthemanhattanproject.org/CG/CG_03B.htm

For the first A-bomb mission, Hiroshima was the primary target, and of course was the one hit. For the second mission, Kokura was supposed to be the target, but due to bad weather, the commander diverted to Nagasaki, an alternate target.

Back in "the day", I was a nuclear weapons technician for the US military, I now work in radiation protection, and I am a big history buff, so this is right up my alley. :-) I am rather a fan of General Groves, the person who lead the atomic bomb project, even though I would not want him to be my boss!

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting Mike, thanks for setting me straight on the secondary. I always though Fugimora was the primary on the second run, wonder where I got that? No, I don't think Gen. Groves would be a good boss to have but probably a most effective one from that which he is portrayed in the movie "Hiroshima." If you have not seen this movie you might want to. The guy they have playing Harry S. Truman is a dead ringer for him, Kenneth Welsh, I believe. You may want to pop some corn and grab a few other snacks too because its a 180 min. of time well spent IMO. Wink

Ken gives it...
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on the "Snakes" movie, with some realistic commentary from an actual snake handler (they made the movie snakes much bigger than real life, imagine that!).

http://blogs.chron.com/tmi/2006/08/debunking_snakes_on_a_plane.html

--Calvin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: