Rhynocoris in the morning

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

crisarg

Rhynocoris in the morning

Post by crisarg »

34 natural light exposures at ISO 200, f9 of a Rhynocoris, probably Rhynocoris iracundus.

Equipment used: Nikon D7000, Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro EX DG HSM lens and Rynox DCR-150 diopter.

Click on the picture for higher res version

They are very difficult to photograph, moving their antennas almost all the time. See below my nightmare.

Cristian Arghius

Flickr

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Good grief! How did you stack this, to get such a good result with this much movement??

--Rik

crisarg

Post by crisarg »

I've made 4 stacking attempts and this was the only usable one. I didn't want to give up because it was the first time I've seen an assassin bug. They dissapear fast if you approach them frontally so I thought this perspective would have had better chance of success. Well, I was partially wrong... :)

It wasn't the hardest work I've done: I manually retouched the last frames (the frontal leg had a movement problem), add a little bit of cloning in Photoshop and then chose the frame who was best suited for a natural in focus/out of focus for the antennas and add it to the stack. Of course, I was lucky to be able to fit them all. :)
Cristian Arghius

Flickr

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic