Zerene Stacker and Metadata

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Rylee Isitt

Zerene Stacker and Metadata

Post by Rylee Isitt »

I noticed that Zerene Stacker is not keeping the metadata in the final, exported image. This is somewhat important for my workflow - having to re-enter this data is an extra set of steps I'd rather not do. This metadata gets used for image importing to my website.

I looked through the preferences and couldn't find any mention of metadata. What I'd prefer is for ZS to copy, verbatim, all metadata from the last (most recent) image in the stack. Is there a way to make this happen that isn't covered in the GUI?

Thanks!

elf

Post by elf »

Have you tried ExifTool? You could also use it to add more data like number of images in the stack, magnification, source images location, post processing details, etc.

Rylee Isitt

Post by Rylee Isitt »

I have used that software before, but only to insert contact and copyright information. When I found out that Bridge can do this faster and apply templates to many images at once, I removed ExifTool from my system.

I may have to install it again...

Rylee Isitt

Post by Rylee Isitt »

Actually, I found a pretty easy way. I just paste the output from Zerene Stacker into one of the original tiff files from the raw software and save as a psd. This keeps the exif data from the original tiff. Adds only a few minutes to the workflow. No biggie.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic