Tulip once again

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bernhardinho

Tulip once again

Post by bernhardinho »

Hi folks,

but this time I tried Astrablue/Safranin/Chrydoisin. Makes nice colors:

Nice set of trichomes:

Bernhard

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You out did yourself here Bernhard. :o Tell us, what sort of microtome are you using to cut these, show us a photo? "Inquiring minds want to know" (TV commercial here stateside).

I must say the stains have produced some very striking colorful effects and I also must say you are pioneering the way here on the forums for more images like these. Look forward to seeing more. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Now that is one beautiful Picture Bernhard. Simply fantastic colors and forms. :smt023
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

No problem, your honour!!

it's very similar to what you've ordered. The bladeholder uses dispensable microtomeblades by Leica (My taste is easy, always the best :lol: )
Sometimes I use a simple barber's shaving knife (or whatever you call them!)

Bernhard

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Ah, so this is the tool that helps to make those fantastic images possible. Hope mine will be just as useful when it arrives. Normally I am like you, I too have simple tastes if at all possible but there is the age old adage, "you get what you pay for." So, for a $30.00US microtome, I am not expecting a whole lot. :lol:

Thanks Bernhard :D

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

Ken Ramos wrote:" So, for a $30.00US microtome, I am not expecting a whole lot. :lol:
:D
I'm very positive about that! All that gimmick actually does, is get hold of the specimen and lift it a tiny bit. All the rest depends very much on the sharpness of the blade you use, and the preparation of the thing you cut ( to make it an easy cut) and lots of practice of course.

Bernhard

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

The pictures are wonderful. I must admit I am tempted, but so many things to try and so little time!
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

Hi folks,

for anybody willing to try the combination of dyes, I have to admit a major faux-pas ( probably old age induced lack of concentration!) : the combi should be Astrablue/FUCHSIN/Chrysoidin. The Chrysoidin was intended to replace Safranin. Just to avoid spreading nonsense in the web (there is plenty of already).

Apologies

Bernhard

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

gpmatthews wrote:The pictures are wonderful. I must admit I am tempted, but so many things to try and so little time!

Thanks Graham,

it's easier than it looks. The whole process including making the pics took about an hour!!

Bernhard

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Bernhard... really nice! :smt023

Did you make the bladeholder, or can they be purchased? I have a very similar hand microtome, but have been frustrated trying to use the razor that came with it. The disposable blades are not too expensive, but I have not yet found a reasonably priced holder for them. What angle is the blade held at when cutting?

Walter Piorkowski

Post by Walter Piorkowski »

Excellent work Bernhard.
Walt

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Beautiful work Bernhard - has almost a three dimensional look to it. Colours are stunning!

Bruce

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic