Rare Nikon Bellows Lens

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

ray_parkhurst wrote:
naturephoto1 wrote:Hi Ray,

I think that that is the general consensus for the 2X 75mm Apo Rodagon D. By the way the 39mm thread fits a Copal 1 shutter. Also, I had a special reversing ring made up that allows the lens to be reversed in the Copal 1 shutter or to load to my special adapter for a special Leica R Photar Adapter (I also have an adapter to use either 75mm Apo Rodagon D lens in the normal orientation to load into the same Leica Photar Adapter R).

Rich
OK, looks like I need to repeat my test for 75ARD2 with the lens reversed.

But I believe that Copal #1 is M40, not M39...Ray
Hi Ray,

You are correct, I was in error and I forgot that the adapters that I have are what allow the 2 75mm Apo Rodagon D lenses to screw into the Copal 1 shutter as well as to the special Leica Macro Adapter R that I have.

Rich

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

naturephoto1 wrote:...I forgot that the adapters that I have are what allow the 2 75mm Apo Rodagon D lenses to screw into the Copal 1 shutter as well as to the special Leica Macro Adapter R that I have.
Rich...the only reason I know is I had to buy special adapters to fit my Rodenstock Eurygon 35mm and the Tominon lenses for the Polaroid MP3/MP4 systems...Ray

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

OK...I reversed the 75ARD2 and indeed the result is sharper. EDITED Now it is very similar but a bit sharper IN THE CORNER than the 75ARD1 BUT NOT AS SHARP AT CENTER. Here are the images:

Last edited by ray_parkhurst on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter De Smidt

Post by Peter De Smidt »

Ray, thank you very much for checking that out. Your tests have been very helpful!

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Peter De Smidt wrote:Ray, thank you very much for checking that out. Your tests have been very helpful!
You're very welcome, but look at my last response again as I edited it. I looked only at the corner picture, which is a bit sharper on the 75ARD2 than 75ARD1, but the center is the other way around. The 75ARD1 is very sharp at the center, approaching the PN's, but falls off at the corners at 2x. the 75ARD2 is not as sharp at the center but maintains good sharpness at the corners...Ray

ChrisLilley

Post by ChrisLilley »

ray_parkhurst wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:
Peter De Smidt wrote: Is the 75mm Rodagon D2x optimized for 2:1 in a forward or reversed direction?
Reversed.
Are you sure about that? Then wouldn't it be a 1/2x lens like the 95PN?
Yes. Firstly that is what the data sheet says, the MTF is for β = -0.5 which means a magnification of 0.5x in the forward direction. Secondly, the lens is marketed as being specifically for a magnification of 2x (within a range of, from memory, 1.2x to 2.5x) which implies that it is to be used reversed as a taking lens. Thirdly, this test on macrosmuymacros confirms it.

Babylonia

Post by Babylonia »

The Rodenstock (Linos) MachVis Software for calculation which lens is suitable for a special purpose, for enlargement 1,5x (maximum) do list Apo Rodagon 2x as [RETRO], which means reversed.

A bit confusing is that the Apo-Rodagon N 90 is listed as update within the latest software version. However also obsolete lenses are listed. I wonder if that lens is in production again.

The list can be very usefully as it contains 77 PDF-files of lenses, tubes, focusing helicoids etc. including MTF graphs, graphs for distortion, chromatic aberrations, longitudinal color aberration, relative light fall off, etc. for most lenses.

Software can be download free after a request by website form. It is only a sort of registry form. After fill-in you have access to download the software immediately.
http://www.qioptiq.com/request-machvis-software.html
Greetings from Holland

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic