Zion National Park, Utah...Charles Krebs

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

twebster

Zion National Park, Utah...Charles Krebs

Post by twebster »

Submitted by Charles Krebs...

What can you say, it's just a great place! My favorite time is the fall. It's an easy location to "work" as well. It can be as strenuous or easy as you wish. No lack of picture opportunities either way. The town of Springdale makes a good "base" if you are not into camping.

... if you want to see a few more pictures of Zion (and a few from nearby places) you can catch some at this link:
http://krebsmicro.com/ziongallery/index.html

Erland R.N.

Post by Erland R.N. »

Great pictures you have taken from Zion NP in fall. I really like some of the rock-detail pictures in your link.

I have only been in the park for one full day in May 2004, and I did the Angels landing trail. I can only suggest that walk to others, that are not scared of heights :D The views from the end of the trail at Angels Landing is awesome.

I did a lot of lizard photos too in the park, and even managed a couple of dragonflies too.

Although I visited a lot of Utah's parks on that trip in 2004, Zion will always be one of my favorites, and I would love to come again and have more time there.

cheers
Erland

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

These are lovely. I especially like running water pics. I'm constantly amazed at how people can take a long enough exposure to get the water to smooth out without blowing out the image from the daylight.
Carl B. Constantine

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Beautiful shots, Charles!

Carl, he probably either shot on a cloudy day, or used a neutral density filter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic