Zoothamnium & Brachionus (pictures added)

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick an image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Wow, Rogelio, these are gorgeous!

Especially outstanding is the last one with so many of the inner structures captured in the focus plane and so nicely symmetrically arranged. Beautiful!

--Betty

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Betty,

Thank you for your comments.

Rogelio

curt0909

Post by curt0909 »

World class photos. Nice work!

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

curt0909,

Thank you.

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

On the following link you will find the results of the test between Nikon DIC systems:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=15858

Rogelio

discomorphella

Post by discomorphella »

Hi Rogelio--

These are spectacular. Are you removing water from underneath the cover glass before you take pictures? That 20/0.75 is working hard, your pictures are razor sharp. Wonderful shots.

David

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

discomorphella wrote:Hi Rogelio--

These are spectacular. Are you removing water from underneath the cover glass before you take pictures? That 20/0.75 is working hard, your pictures are razor sharp. Wonderful shots.

David
I normally start checking all del coverslip (I use a coverslip as my slide because I am using an inverted microscope) to check all the specimens that are there, after that the water has dried a little. If the specimen is too deep then I wait until the specimen move close the coverslip or the water dry (not too much), if the specimen is too deep and close to the other coverslip (the one over the one that I use as slide) I invert the coverslip set (the one that was up is now down).

Rogelio

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

That's very clever, and a technique I shall certainly be trying on my Diaphot inverted.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Maybe a factor that help is the coverslip quality, I am using Marienfeld #1 and #1.5, lately I am using only the #1. If you would like to know where I bought them send me a pm.

Rogelio

discomorphella

Post by discomorphella »

Hi Rogelio,
I don't think its your coverslip quality but your very clever 'sandwich' technique with the coverslips that ensures that you have only a thin film of water surrounding your specimens. I can mimic this using the correction collar on my objective, but that requires adjustment for each different water "depth". You really are getting the most out of your Nikon, just great pictures.

David

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

David,

Thank you for your comments.

Rogelio

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Here I have two more pictures of Brachionus, the first is from the group as the already posted, the second is from other day (it has a Vorticella attached to it).

Rogelio

Jacek

Post by Jacek »

great photo !!!

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Jacek,

Thank you.

Rogelio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic