Zoothamnium & Brachionus (pictures added)

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick an image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RogelioMoreno

Zoothamnium & Brachionus (pictures added)

Post by RogelioMoreno »

A cluster of Zoothamnium (I think that it is Zoothamnium) and a set of Brachionus.

All of them with Nikon TE300, 20x/0.75 objective, DIC , flash and Canon T3i mounted on the front port of the TE300.

Rogelio
Last edited by RogelioMoreno on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marek Mis

Post by Marek Mis »

Rogelio,

Very beautiful images ! Your DIC works perfectly. The last photographs is worth of the award ! Stunning.

Marek

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

Just amazing. I'd love to see some video of that too.

Are you using the T3i tethered to the computer so you can see it on screen? I guess that must help when using flash for stills too.

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

Marek Mis wrote:The last photographs is worth of the award ! Stunning.
I agree. the last two are stunning.
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

Marek Mis

Post by Marek Mis »

Marek Mis wrote:Rogelio,

Very beautiful images ! Your DIC works perfectly. The last photograph is worth of the award ! Stunning.

Marek

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Marek Mis wrote:Rogelio,

Very beautiful images ! Your DIC works perfectly. The last photographs is worth of the award ! Stunning.

Marek
I am playing with different positions of the Senarmont polarizer, my conclusion is that the best position is where you get the maximum dynamic range (on the camera) and the specimen does not look so transparent as at maximun extinction. It like the DIC optical sectioning is zero a maximum extinction and increase when you move away that point.

Thank you very much for your comments.

Rogelio

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Litonotus,

Thank you, hope soon you will be doing that.

Rogelio

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Mitch640 wrote:Just amazing. I'd love to see some video of that too.

Are you using the T3i tethered to the computer so you can see it on screen? I guess that must help when using flash for stills too.
No, I am not using the T3i tethered to the computer, I use the T3i with mirror lock up. The TE300 allows me to send 80% light to the front port and 20% to the binocular head, with that it is easy to shoot with flash because you are watching the specimen always no matter if the camera is with the mirror lock up or not.

Thank you for your comments.

Rogelio

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

All the images that I have taken with the TE300 were using the current Nikon DIC prism (the one used on the 80i, 90i and Ti), the N2 prism that I am using is for 80i and 90i (upright models); but I mounted it on the inverted turret condenser that I have. The objective prisms are the same on the 80i, 90i and the inverted Ti, so no problem here. I have a set of prism for the previous DIC system (used on the E600, E800, E1000, TE200 and TE300. I think the first TE2000 used them; but I am not sure). I will try to do a comparison between both system, from the visual observation both look with similar DIC effect; but we have to do the photo test.

Rogelio

arturoag75

Post by arturoag75 »

Rogelio,
again National Geographic shots... a pleasure to see them! :D
best
arturo

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Arturo,

Thank you.

Rogelio

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

What can I add that hasn't already been said. Immaculate, DIC at its very best, done by a master hand.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

pierre

Post by pierre »

Impressive :shock:
Regards

Pierre

wantok

Post by wantok »

Those are great!
Frank

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Cactusdave, Pierre and Frank