The PZO DIC seems to be working ...

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

pjoris

The PZO DIC seems to be working ...

Post by pjoris »

The photography through the pzo scope (with dic) seems to be improving. It does need a lot of light. The best of this night's session - some sort of vorticella or similar I presume. Some way to go - but I'm happy for now. Joris
PZO Biolar, PZO DIC set, Nikon E Plan 20x, Flash

pjoris

Post by pjoris »

Adding this afternoon's effort:
Still a lot less sharp than the view, but hopefully once I get a trino head and projection eyepiece I can make some improvements there. Joris

Perl

Post by Perl »

Hi !

Not sure - would it not be more sharp ?

For me it look more oblique

Regards

Pär Lundqvist
Sweden
****** Seeing is Believing ******

pjoris

Post by pjoris »

Yes - it must be much sharper. It looks a lot better in real life and to my eyes different from oblique (as I get it with the decentering/mismatching the phase condenser on the BH2); I'm seeing a lot of detail I hadn't seen before with any of the lighting techniques on my BH2.

It seems the way I photographing now however loses a lot of sharpness (much more then on the olympus) - I'll need to check why - maybe the photography adapter and the PZO head do not match very well. I'm waiting delivery of a trino head and projecting eyepiece and will see if this improves.

Probably I could have experimented more with oblique before buying a DIC set - but then, I am not like that ...

Joris

pjoris

Post by pjoris »

Ah - I read the discussion on the "voila" technique (http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... php?t=4386). This is with both prisms in and I can vary the background color/density by moving the upper prism - but I guess I shouldn't be seeing one-sided shadows with "true" DIC - as I have above ? I'll check allignment of everything; also my flash technique isn't to great here: just holding a small flash under the condensor. Can this have an effect on the resolution ? Joris

Perl

Post by Perl »

Hi !

I think that more precice adjustment of
upper prisma will make it much better ??

Also think that Upper prisma and Cond Prisma must
be orientated to each others

Regards
Pär

pjoris

Post by pjoris »

This seems to be somewhat better: an Arcella with some internals (nuclei ?) visible - not yet the quality i'm seeing in the main gallery, but improving ! I'm seeing a lot of dust everywhere on the surface in the scope and on the prisms, so that will be my next improvement effort. Joris

PZO scope+DIC set+Olympus Splan40

Perl

Post by Perl »

Look Much better - you are close now

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic