Male Flowers Of English Yew Taxas baccata

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Harold Gough

Male Flowers Of English Yew Taxas baccata

Post by Harold Gough »

Male and female flowers are borne on separate plants. These were wet from recent rain so I cut of a small twig and brought it into the conservatory to dry. These shots are with the Elmarit 60mm at f11 ISO 400 hand held (leaning against the structure). Each flower is about 2mm wide. A slightly different viewpoint changes the background slightly.

The flowers via lens plus dedicated extender, f10 set on lens, cropped by about 60%. I had trouble getting much in one plane and have not been very successful but the cone scales can be seen on the base of the flower:

[Edit: I have taken some further images but a loose connection on my USB hub seems to have corrupted the card. The camera can read the card but Irfanview, which I use to read and convert ORFs cannot. I have reason to believe the Irfanview exe was damaged. (Irfanview reads image files stored on the PC). I have recovery software and will post further, better closeups, from the camera on a tripod, of the flowers when I am able to do so].

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Although I can see my original images on the camera screen I cannot yet acccess them further. These are not so well lit but will fill the gap, hopefully temporarily.Each head is about 2mm wide:

Elmarit 60mm macro plus 1:1 extension, 1/5 sec f16 on lens ISO 200, tripod, delay 8 sec, cropped 50%. This is how I shot them:

This is how they were in nature (iage inverted):

Holding the focus of the group beyond any IS for hand held!

Harold

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

I have reworked the image, using a combination of PS and Topaz:

Image]

Harold

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic