Help needed with a Wild M40 Inverted microscope

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

chrismower

Help needed with a Wild M40 Inverted microscope

Post by chrismower »

I have recently purchased a Wild M40 inverted microscope with phase contrast and I am at a loss on how to do the basic setting up, let alone the phase contrast. It has so many adjustments which are not on any of my non-inverted microscopes that I am struggling to make any sense of it.

I can get an image, but I have no idea if it is the best that I can get since I don't know if the lighting stage and condenser are correctly adjusted. I tried searching for a manual for it but there seems to be nothing on Google, so I was hoping that someone here might have one.

It has two phase objectives 10 and 40 along with the rotating condenser attachment holding the two phase rings and a dark-field I have been informed. It also has some swing in filters

Any help for a flumoxxed newbie greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Leitz Orthoplan+PloemOpak 2.1+Vario Orthomat - Leitz Othoplan+Phase Contrast - Wild M40 with Phase Contrast - Vickers Patholette - Watson Barnet Stereo
Nikon D7000 - Nikon D200 - Nikon D70

"I would never belong to any club that would accept me as a member" - Groucho Marx.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic