Good and bad locations.

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

yardman

Good and bad locations.

Post by yardman »

Hi. I am a keen insect photographer from New Zealand. N.Z. has the reputation of being clean and green. I challenge that reputation. Poisonous sprays are used indiscrimately and in large amounts. Insects and birds are hard to find. We are now in the peak insect finding time of the year. Yesterday I spent over two hours hunting insects and I found one. Bird song in the bush is seldom heard. If they didn't use all those chemicals New Zealand would be a utopia for insect photographers. Most insects I photograph I find in my own garden, probably because I practice organic gardening.
A few years ago I visited my brother in England. He had a small garden yet at most times it contained more bird life that I would find or see in large areas in New Zealand. Last year I visited the U.S. While in Washington D.C. I visited the Space Museum. Across the road some persons had set up a vegetable garden. I hunted through that garden and within a few minutes I found dozen if photogenic insects. Probably as many as I would find in a season in New Zealand.
This year I am going to Northern Thailand to photograph insects. Do any members of this site know of any good locations in Northern Thailand?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic