I need to start somewhere :-)

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Dusko

I need to start somewhere :-)

Post by Dusko »

Hi everyone :)
I am getting very interested in photomicrography. The next thing I have to get is a microscope. My budget is not that great so microscopes over 350$ are maybe too much.
Since I love very good photo quality, I need something that can support good resolution and magnification up to 40x.
I never had any experience in microscope so please have patience with this novice :)

I would like to combine this new microscope with my Canon 300 Digital, if possible. If someone has other suggestions, I am ready for them.

My goal is to make micro-photos almost as good as Wim van Egmond (yes very enthusiastic :wink: )

I read the article about Lomo http://www.amateurmicroscopy.photomacro ... D/300D.htm

Is this the only option or can I get something else like Nikon, Olympus or Leica?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Dusko.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know I don't want to discourage you but a good scope is going to cost good money and $350.00 isn't going to get you the scope you want to achive your intended goal. :wink: Especially if you want to produce images like Wims, Gerds, Charlies and some of our other microscopists. These guys would probably be your best bet for information on what you want to do. :wink:

As I told one of our other members here while back who was looking to puchase a good scope, I do not mean to sound belittling or demeaning in my advice as to the scope you may wish to purchase, or its cost, or your financial status. It is just that I have been down a very long and very very costly road, with bargain Chinese made scopes that promised great things and delivered little, at a very low cost. :? For what I spent on them, I could have purchased a very high end, high quality scope to begin with and saved $$$$$! :( Nikon, Olympus, Meiji, and Zeiss among others, are scopes that are worth your money but you won't find them at a bargain, at least not new. So I guess you could say that I have been there and done that. My advice is to save your money for now and wait until you can afford a good dependable scope. By the way one of our members in the past, used a LOMO and got pretty good results from it, however I personaly have never used one. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic