adobe photoshop

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jawanexa

adobe photoshop

Post by jawanexa »

My computer had virus a year ago, after being fixed, most programs saved except my adobe photoshop, I think it was 4 or 5. It is there but asking form my serial number, actually says not authorized or something, I had a robbery and all my cd's stolen, this must have been one because I haven't been able to find it. Can anyone help. ADOBE suggests reinstall or rebuy. Can't afford that right now and can't reinstall what was stolen.
Last edited by jawanexa on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

If you registered it you may find the key by opening up Photoshop, clicking on the Help menu and selecting Registration. Alternatively, you could check in your account at Adobe.com.

If the CDs were stolen you should claim on your contents insurance and that would get you a later version.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Meanwhile try Gimp. It's free and obviously aimed at reproducing Photoshop's capabilities.
They do give things different names though and put them in different places sometimes.

ChrisRaper

Post by ChrisRaper »

I agree with GIMP ... I was skeptical at first but if you give it time then you can do virtually all you need to do on normal photo post-processing with it. You just have to spend time to work out the different ways of doing things ... and you also know with GIMP that any future upgrades are always free! ;)

I still usually use PS on my PC because I am familiar with it but I installed GIMP on my netbook for those times when I need to edit something while on the move :)

DQE

Post by DQE »

I lost my primary PC due to a motherboard failure, and Adobe was very cooperative in providing fresh installation keys for reinstalling my Adobe software on a new PC. I only had to call them and ask for the new keys and provide a brief explanation about why I needed them. The whole process was very quick, and you should be able to download installer .exe files to reinstall - no CDs should be needed AFAIK. I don't personally bother with installation CDs or DVDs any more as everyone seems to have migrated to downloadable installers. Thus, I believe Adobe has reworked their verification processes to help their customers instead of creating unhelpful barriers.

I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Photoshop CS5 Extended, and Lightroom, without issues. I didn't have physical media for any of them.

As others have mentioned, at Adobe.com you should be able to login and see your license keys and the software which you've previously installed, etc, as a part of your online Adobe account.

I hope this helps and that you have good luck getting your software reinstalled.
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic