How do I go direct to a specific page?

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Wakkies Norman.

How do I go direct to a specific page?

Post by Wakkies Norman. »

Hi,
I've been slowly working my way through the various Forums finding my way around, for me, a whole new world. I've throughly enjoyed it!
One thing that has frustrated me is that I've been unable to find a way of going direct to a specific page without stepping through them one by one.
The layout ie Go to Page 1, 2, 3.....26, 27, 28, etc
How can I go direct to page 17 for instance?
I'm sure there must be a way but I can't find it!

A nudge in the right direction will be most appreciated.

Norman. Out in the Sticks with the Hicks and the Ticks.
Wakkies Norman.
Nikon User.
Plus anything else that makes an Interesting Image.

johan

Post by johan »

Hello,

Add &start=n at the end of the thread url, but in divisions of 15. Ie to go to page three of any thread take the originL url and shove &start=30 on the end. Page 2 is &start=15 etc
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

(deleted)
Last edited by AndrewC on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
rgds, Andrew

"Is that an accurate dictionary ? Charlie Eppes

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

To reduce the number of 'Goto' pages, there is one setting that may be helpful (see screenshot 1); but it is not an ideal solution. This happens to be one of the limitations of phpBB2 (the version of software currently used by this forum)

The 'Next' button is the only other phpBB2 button I am aware of which allows you to read pages (forum or thread) in sequential order.

..................................................................................

*A more recent version of the software, phpBB3 allows you to click on 'Go To Page' and then specify a particular page number (see Screenshot below of phpBB3) :wink:

The forum would need to be upgraded to use this particular feature. phpBB3 offers a number of improvements that would be benficial to this community .i.e. a more intuitive image upload facility, the ability to 'embed' YouTube videos and other 'motion' presentations within posts, etc, these are among the 'frontend' benefits of such an upgrade.

To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Wakkies Norman.

Post by Wakkies Norman. »

Hi
Thank you Johan and Craig for your replies.
I've found that the easiest way is to search a topic with tight parameters and then just follow where it takes me.
There is such an incredible amount of information within these pages but I think I must be careful.... I'll spend too much time reading and no time Doing!

Norman.
Wakkies Norman.
Nikon User.
Plus anything else that makes an Interesting Image.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic