Open source on linux

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

tmihai

Open source on linux

Post by tmihai »

Hi
This is my first post here and I want to know if anybody here uses successfully an open source photo stacking software on Linux.
I have tried 2 but without much success.

Thank you all.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

CombineZP is rumored to work inside a Windows emulator on Linux. I haven't tried it myself. You might check the archives at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/CombineZ/messages to what details have been reported.

Zerene Stacker runs native on Linux, but it's not open source.

--Rik

tmihai

Post by tmihai »

Thank you rjlittlefield

I tried CombineZP but I think I should start saving some money for Zerene Stacker.

--Mihai

jcb

Post by jcb »

I have spent the day trying to do just this : stacking with Linux software (under GPL or similar licence).
The basic information came from http://www.lenaturaliste.net/portail/ar ... s-gnulinux (sorry the text is in French but there is a shell script near the bottom of the page).
The following software was used : dcraw, convert (imagemagick), align_image_stack (hugin), enfuse.
Here is my first stack : 24 images (Nikon D700, micro Nikkor 200mm f/4 at f/11, 1x, step 0,5mm), no post stacking treatment except resizing. The subject is not in the nicest condition but happened to be there.

Here is the second : 47 images (Nikon D700, micro Nikkor 200 f/4, Nikon CFI Plan 10x NA 0.25, step 0,01mm). I stopped the stack to early (going up).

Hope this helps. The pictures are not great, which is mostly my fault, not the software's.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic