www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Now I'm happy
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Now I'm happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Micro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon W

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Now I'm happy Reply with quote

A variety of pics from my first 'serious' photo session with the new setup. No stacking here, just more practice and fiddling with the oblique patch.

Small clover, 2x obj

I never realised the complexity of a clover:

First remotely decent 40x pic (well, more like 500x or so into the sensor, yes I'll need to use Charles' tips on measuring..)

Liked the colours in this one:

Apple, 40x obj, you can see the fibres of the flesh. Gawd, I feel so ignorant compared to you biologists!

bromodomain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd one is my favourite.

Good job man. I'd like to see more. Hey try some pond water and see whats lurking in there.
Simon W

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I don't know what NOT to try, it's so satisfying. I gotta drive a couple of Kays and get some ocean samples. Or just swab my sneakers..
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon,

I strongly encourage everyone to play around with oblique illumination. The specimens you show here are very thick, and have great contrast by themselves. You will see a difference from "straight" brightfield, but it may not be that significant. The real value from oblique comes more when you work with subjects that are thinner, relatively "clear", and have a refractive index closer to the medium where they exist. You will see this if/when you get into the tiny water critters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Micro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: