Hi all, amature microscopist rolling in :D

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Kite

Hi all, amature microscopist rolling in :D

Post by Kite »

Hi, my name is John Swinton. Im a 17 year old student living in the North-East of England, UK.

Im currently studying Bilology, Psychology, Drama and Maths at college, but hopefully I will be doing microbiology at university, maybe twinned with ginetics.

I have been into microscopes for a few years now, my dad works in pathology at a National Health Service hospital, and was given a microscope that was not needed any more, naturally I 'played' with it and realised it was so much more than a toy.

I have a pond and an expansive garden, so there is never a shortage of things to look at, Im perticularly interested in Tardigrades (water bears).

That about sums me up, I think I will enjoy this forum immensely :D
Microscope: Watson Barnett Bactil
Camera: Kodak DX7440 (not SLR, no attachment for the microscope, i just hold it over the lens and pray :()

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well welcome aboard John, glad to have you! :D Sounds as though you have a head start in microscopy. There are a real good group of microscopist on this site and I am sure that you will fit right in amongst them, no doubt. They are always ready and willing to give help and advice so if you have any questions just ask. :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Hey welcome aboard John,now there's 2 of us from the North East on here!
Have fun,they're
a friendly bunch on here :)
Larry
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic